Saturday, June 02, 2007

Sundance Pain

Well, not the best day of racing today. Tanner had a pretty good day going on a difficult course but had a high speed dismount on the descent on lap 2. Fortunately, he's not seriously injured but has some good scraps and bumps. He's got some good bandages on now and will have fun with scabs soon. To Tanner's credit, he got up and finished 8th in a competitive group. I'm really pleased with the effort he's been putting into racing and the progress he's making. It's great having a race buddy.

I started strong and was 1st up the road climb to the single track. Unfortunately, I soon blew and was then in for a long day. I had no power on the climbs and settled for a 5th place finish. I seriously thought about bailing out at the end of 2 laps. However, I stuck it out for 3 and finished the race. I think with the 2 + weeks of sickness I had, I just am not recovered. I felt OK racing Monday, but was then tired all week. I paid for it today. My focus is now to recover fully before next week's race at Deer Valley. That course will destory you if you're not on your game. After that, there's a break from MTB racing for a few weeks. I'm looking forward to the break.

Glad to here the family group had a good 100 mile road ride today. LoToJa will be here before you know it.

Daren

No comments: