Saturday, June 30, 2007

From Eugene

I am glad to hear the mountain bike race went well for you and T-man. I felt like I missed out on the family ride. That is a fun loop - hope the head wind wasn't to bad up the canyon, because that is s lousy way to end the ride. It has been a busy week for me and I haven't been able to update the blog. Last Saturday I got the chance to go ride mountain bikes on the Mckenzie River trail. It was fun, but a nightmare at the same time. It is a pretty long story, but let it be known the trail was technical took a lot longer and the group got split up -- leading to me missing Avery's ballet recital :( Some of the guys looked like they were out riding on their P-day on a mission, it was pretty funny. It was nice to be out on a ride in the mountains. This Saturday I rode some pretty mean hills and fought the wind. I was pretty tired after my week on the roof and felt it today.

I raced the crit again last Tues. and finished 6th. I was the lead out for a new team I am riding for - The Chain Agents. They are a pretty strong group of guys. We finished 5 out of the top 7. I lead out with 2 kilometers to go and picked the pace up pretty good. I helped our team to a win, but left me empty for the final sprint. Overall I had a good month finishing 2nd for the month of June. We shall see what July brings.

I will have my picks soon! Viva la tour!

No comments: