Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Riding Photos







Last Tues. I got to ride the uphill TT again. Doug was able to get some photos as I was finishing. You can tell by the look on my face that I was having some serious fun. I was able to beat my previous time by about 25 seconds, but didn't quite go as fast as I wanted too (on account that I was feeling pretty hammered from Doug and I's ride the day before). My average heart rate was 172! I was feeling it after the second pedal stroke.

Today I raced the first weekly crit. One guy took off pretty quick and nobody went with him. I wasn't to worried. We held him to a 25 yard lead. Then two guys took off to catch him. I had just been pulling and didn't feel the need to go catch them. One of the guys was riding a Bike Friday that has wheels that are maybe 18 inches high, it looks like a midget bike. I didn't think the other big club teams would let them get to far away. So I watched as their lead spread over the next two laps. I decided to hammer it and try to bridge the gap. But with no one helping I didn't get to far and I was starting to feel tired and the gap was getting bigger.

Then my friend and a guy on his team took off. Luckily, I was able to catch on to them and the three of us worked together to build a gap from the pack and try to close in on the lead. We weren't able to catch the lead group, they had gotten to far away from us. The three of us sprinted for fourth place. I felt really good coming into the sprint and barely beat the one guy for fourth place. As it turns out - the guy with the midget bike won! Go figure. Maybe next time I won't let them get away so quickly.

Sounds like your racing is going well Tanner and Daren. I wish I could have been there for the 100 miler.
Bub

1 comment:

Daren said...

Good job on the racing. Maybe it's good your in OR because you would be putting the serious hurt on my old legs.