Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ridin' and Golfn'

Saturday, it was the Eaton Golf Outing rather than racing. Doug, Ryan, Chris Peitrzak and I played the 4 man scramble and won. Not bad for a bunch of bike racers that don't play golf anymore. It helps to have Ryan hitting it about 350 off the tee. It was a fun time. However, we got really tired by the end. How do you get tired playing golf? I don't get it. But we all felt like we'd ridden 50 miles hard.



Doug still has a solid golf swing.



Ryan always gets his money's worth on each swing.

In the evening, Tanner and I rode a couple of hours in American Fork Canyon. The ride is spectatular. We saw maybe 3 other people on the trail and had an enjoyable ride. The trailhead is about a mile from where the kid was killed by a black bear the next day. Glad we didn't run into the bear. After days like Saturday, I wonder why anyone moves away from Utah (Budda?).
Tonight I raced the RMR crit. It was fast, hot and hard. I was agressive early and tired to get away a couple of times. I was recovering a bit when they had a Prim lap and I couldn't go for the sprint. Unfortunately, the guys that did sprint ended up staying away for the win. I tired to bridge solo, but no go. There was another field Prim near the end that I tired for but was 2nd. After that, I limped in at the back. However, it was a great workout and I'm hammed tonight. When I race RMR, I ride over from work and then back, so it makes it about a 2 hour 15 minutes night.
I saw the Deer Valley NORBA results today. I'm bummed I didn't get to race it (it was Sunday morning at 7:30). My time from the week before would have put me in 2nd in my age group and only a minute 30 off the win. Oh well.
Looking forward to Saturday's ride. Tanner's first attempt at a really long one. Should be good.
Daren

No comments: