Sunday, June 10, 2007

Day at the races

Saturday was a day at the races. First the Deer Valley ICUP, then spectating at the Sugarhouse Crit. Here's some pictures from the crit.


Dave attacking the group on the hill.













Mike Solm in the mix.













Dave doing what he did most of the day, leading the chase with no help.




Jeff Louder doing what he did all day, driving the break with 4 passengers.










Dave on one of the last times up the hill.


Dave putting the hurt on the chasers that wouldn't work on the final sprint up the hill.
Deer Valley was a decent race for me. I rode hard and did 3 even laps to finish 5th. 2nd through 6th were pretty close, so I was satisfied with the effort. I had a little crash that cost some time, but it was fun to be competitive again. I'm not 100% yet, but getting close.
Tanner and Doug both raced and gave it a good effort. I'm impressed with the willingness of both of them to race mountain bikes. Not many 14 year olds or 57 year olds give something this difficult a try. We are looking forward to a few weeks of no MTB racing to do some fun rides. However, the conditions at Deer Valley were perfect. I've never raced on better conditioned trails with the snow and rain we received earlier in the week. I wish it could be like that every race.
Have a good week,

Daren

No comments: