Monday, June 04, 2007

Great Week!

It is great to read every one's thoughts on life and their riding adventures. I have been stalling to write as I hoped to have pictures, but I'm still working out how to do it on my lap top. Betty and I had a great week with Brady, Brooke , and kids. It was the most ideal I have ever seen it on all my trips to Oregon. Clear sky's and warm temps made for some great times. Brady and I road our legs off in some unbelievable territory. I just wish the family group could ride the 70 milers we rode. It is by far the best ride for beauty, challenge and fun. 40 miles of it up and down and up with only one car passing us on the road, newly paved and wild animals. It did end with 25 miles of head wind, but thanks to a loving son I got to set in, but worked my butt off to do that. Brady is strong!

We went to two days of great ncaa track and field and saw some amazing events. Eugene is the track mecca of the world. The Weber State athletes did great.

Saturday we had a great family ride. 100 miles is still a long ways, but we worked well together and had great ride. It is always fun to know you have the col d' le Chase lane waiting for you at the end. Our next 100 is on the 23rd of June. Daren and I hopefully and going to ride the Deer Valley course on Wed, if the weather permits.

Robby Garrett ran the Casper marathon this weekend and ran it in 3hr 12min 23 sec. That is an amazing time. He missed qualifying for Boston by 23 sec. What a great effort. He took 8th over all. Now its time to park on the saddle and hit the roads, lotoja draws near.

Ride Safe, Doug

No comments: