Monday, June 25, 2007

Little Big

Saturday was a good ride with the family group. We did Centerville to Emigration to Little Mountain to East Canyon to Big Mountain and back. 80 miles, 4,500 vertical in under 5 hours. Not bad for old guys, a tandem and young guys. It was Tanner's first long rode ride and he did great. He beat the old guys up the climbs and hung in tough the last half hour. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful ride.



Mindi and Adam on the tandem. They motored up the climbs well and pulled us home on the flats.



Starting up the climb to Big Mountain.


Tanner and I near the top. He looks happier than me at thiis point.


Doug at the top.



Kim happy to have made it. The climb is lots of up for a big guy.




Watch the State Crit race this weekend as well. It's always fun to watch the fast guys work hard. Our team did well with a 4th and 5th. Dave made the winning break but got teamed up on again. Lapped riders also effected the final outcome which is too bad. A State Championship should be decided straight up. RB, Hoffman, Bryson and Dave were very impressive in the break and earned their places. Equally impressive was AJ's strong solo efforts for 5th.
This Saturday is the State MTB Championships at Solitude. I'm hoping for a good day so I can compete with the fast guys. The course is built for climbers and has kicked my tail in the past. However, I have good feelings about it this year, so maybe my luck will change. T and I are going to ride the course tomorrow to get the positive vibe going. Wish me luck.
Daren

No comments: