Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wolf Creek

Doug and I have been enjoying the non-rainy weather in Eugene. It has been nice having them here. Doug got in on Wednesday and we went for a birthday ride that evening (57 years - the old man can still ride well). Thursday we road for a while in the morning. Friday we went on a ride with a friend of mine. He is a runner and doesn't ride very often. It is pretty amazing that he can still keep up and push me without riding. Friday and Saturday we spent watching the NCAA western division track meet. It was fun to see the events.

On Monday Doug and I had a great 68 mile ride. A couple of months ago in the Bicycling magazine they had a highlighted ride from each state. A DZ mountain bike ride was highlighted in Utah. In OR it was Wolf Creek in Eugene. It is an amazing ride. I will pass on explaining it and let Doug do it when he writes in. Needless to say it is beautiful! There was some pretty strong winds on the way back, but it is was still fun. Tonight is the uphill TT and Doug and I are going to go over to them. My legs are pretty hammered from yesterday, but will let you know how it goes. I did take my camera, but when I was pulling it out I dropped it and it broke. Sorry there were some pretty amazing shots that I tried to get. Doug is going to bring his camera tonight.

Bub

No comments: