Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Uphill TT

I did one of my first uphill TT yesterday. It was pretty fun to do, but very painful. The course is 5 km long and pretty steep. The weather wasn't the best for racing, it was raining (of course). It had been nice all day long, then started raining right at race time. They sent people off at 30 second intervals. I felt pretty good and passed five people on the way up (Yes, one of them was a girl, but who's counting). I finished with a time of 13:06. I got 2nd in my cat and 4th overall fastest time. The top time was 11:25, which is pretty amazing.

I did find out more about what happened on Saturday's race. I guess it was a girl that was being lapped and didn't get out of the way. As we passed her she crashed and that was who came in front of me and caused me to swerve. But such is racing. No more races here for a while. I don't know if I am going to be doing the TT next week, because it took a long time for 13 minutes of riding. I will keep you posted.

Bubba

No comments: