Thursday, August 16, 2007

TT'ing

Well, I did my second time trial of the year tonight and my 4th overall. It went pretty well. I'm still very slow compared to the fast guys, but I took nearly a minute off my April time. I actually passed a couple of people ahead of me and managed to keep Steve Wilcox from catching me. Steve started 30 seconds behind me and I barely held him off at the line. It was actually fun. The TT is about 6.5 miles on the wind-swept frontage road near Salt Aire. I did it in 15:38 which is an average speed of about 26 mph. Too bad the fast guys in my group go close to 30. Stormin' Norman kicked butt in the A's with a time well below 14 minutes. That is one aero dude. Maybe if I keep do a few more I'll figure out how to go faster.

Looking forward to Saturday's ride. I'll post pictures. Hopefully, Doug's high speed dismount yesterday didn't cause lasting damage.

No comments: