Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Last weeks results

Two races -Ogden crit and the spudman tri

Ogden crit- I rode in the B flight and just hung out in the back until the second preen at 20 min (40 min crit about 18 miles). A fourth of the way into the preen lap I take off I ride one lap at 30 mph, but nobody comes with me. I win the preen and try to stay away, but I can't. I get caught and blow-up and ride in about 1/2 lap behind the lead group. The funny part is I smashed the group apart. In past few weeks the B flight has for the most part stayed together the whole time (from what I heard after the race). But not last week, guys were all over the place and I was not well liked. I'm wondering what will happen on thur. I might sit in and try to attack right before the final two turns.

Spudman- I finished as Chris Mann in 2 hours and 16 min. Mindy did it just under 3 hours at 2:59. Better than we thought we could do in our first tri. Plus, it was an Olympic distance. The swim (1.5K) took me just over 20 min and Mindy did it in 21. I struggled to get into my rhythm for about 400 meters in the swim, but then the people around me started to drop away or take off ahead and I felt great from there. I did the ride in just over 1 hour averaging 24.8 mph, and felt like I could have gone faster, but I didn't want to die on the run. The thing that made me mad on the ride was I looked back to see myself pulling about 30-35 riders around the course. I yelled at them to stop drafting, but one guy told me he wasn't drafting he just couldn't go any faster. I keep trying to drop them, but the group was to big and they would jump back on to my wheel. The run wasn't that bad considering I didn't train for it. I averaged 8 min miles (10K) for a time of around 49 min. I didn't die, but my knee and foot hurt all weekend. It was a great tri and I might even do it again next year. If I do I will aim for a time around 2 hours. I wasn't that great in the transition areas.

Tour de France results- I'm guessing do to drug results and that all of us had at least one or two riders kicked out that were going to call it a wash. Darren I liked the article. thanks

No comments: