Friday, August 10, 2007

Thurs crit

Thanks to the help of Daren I was able to win another prime, but I didn't position myself very well for the final sprint and got stuck in the middle of the pack. The ending of the race was a mess, we hear the call for three laps to go and then a switch to this is it. I guess I should have been watching my watch better to know time was almost up.
The Ogden crit is fun and low key with the opportunity to win, while the RMR is just a hard workout. I need to do more on the RMR, but its hard to get down there. Hey Doug, after you and Daren left I over heard they are going to try to hold one more crit before the harvest moon crit. I put my name on an contact e-mail list and I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Daren said...

It was fun racing with Adam. It was nice to have a "teammate" and to try to help. We kind of got hosed on the last laps. I went for a prime when the official said 4 to go. I ended up 2nd but was kind of blown. I figured I could sit in for a couple of laps, recover and get AT to the front. However, when I crossed the line for the prime, they said 2 laps to go. I just didn't recover in time to get AT ahead of the scrum for the last corner. We were both too far back to win the sprint. Oh well, it was fun and a good workout. I'm worked after racing MTB on Saturday, RMR on Tuesday and Ogden on Thursday.