Monday, August 06, 2007

120

Well it was great to read about D & T , mtb race saturday. We took to easy way out and rode 120 miles in the heat. Kim, Russ, Adam and I left at 6:30 AM heading west and then turned north through beautiful Honeyville and Deweyville and then over the hill into Cache Valley. We turned north towards Cache JCT and went by Bension Lake Marina and back into Logan. We rode some of the LOTOJA road so it was getting us ready. We then headed south and up and over Sardine. By the time we got there is was hot and I felt like I was going to melt. Kim and I made it up and Adam and Russ had to wait for us. We then flew down to Brigham and south to Ogden. We were riding fast all day but the heat and rollers, and wind were hurting some of us. Adam was a stud and pulled about 15 miles at 22-25 mph. It was great training but I was feeling heat whipped. I hope it will be cooler for lotoja, hard to predict that weather.

Adam and I rode the Ogden Crit thursday and both took 5th or so as they don't score anything but the winner. The C averaged 25.6 and I tried to win a preem but got beat at the line. I was in the sprint so I felt good. Adam was in the sprint hard and got the drafters passing him at the line. It is a low key crit, but has been my first fun racing experience. Not only pain but fun to participate in. This week is the last, so Daren in coming to race, as he says below, so it will be fun to have someone willing to work with Adam. It is a great race course and well organized.

It was fun to be with sibling and spouses last night at Daren's. Hope you are all well and safe riding. 32 days left on the count down.
Doug

No comments: