Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Little C

I'm not sure Doug can declare a winner of the TdeF contest yet. I think we have to wait another 3 months to see how many more riders test positive and get DQ'd. At the Outdoor Retail show last week, I had lunch with some former Specialized guys, the CEO of Velonews and two former Bicycling Magazine editors. The general concensus was that Contador was involved in Puerto and Discovery pulled the plug just in time. No one around that lunch table believed Armstong and the Discovery/Postal crew were clean. They all felt everyone was doping from the mid '90's to a couple of years ago. They did feel that the peleton is much cleaner now and will get better if the teams can survive a couple more years.

On to better topics. Rather than ride around in circles in 100 degrees at RMR tonight, Tanner and I climbed Little Cottonwood to Snowbird. From our house, nearly 4,000 verticle in 14 miles. I haven't done the climb for a few years and forgot how hard it is. It will get your attention. However, it was a beautiful evening and I really enjoyed the ride. T-man rode it really well and was only 15 minutes behind me. It's pretty cool that a regular 15 year old will get on his bike and put in such a strong effort. I'm impressed.

Here's some pictures from the ride.



Tanner looking smooth.

As always, the canyon is spectacular.


Tanner near the top.





Me suffering at Tanner's Flat. It was impressive I could take the picture without crashing at this point.
Looking forward to Saturday's venture in the dirt. I've got a 4 - 5 hour 5,000 verticle route all ready to go.

No comments: