Wednesday, August 29, 2007

10 Days Left!

It is hard to believe we only have 10 days to Lotoja! Sutt you didn't like Pete in the pic? Hope this one will do until we get the next group pic. I wish there was a way to get everyone in it. The weirdest thing happened on my way to work today, I almost hit a peacock on the bike path. I came around the corner and almost blasted it, but swirved inches from it.

Last week in the Tues. crit I paid it forward to some teammates. I spent a lot of time off the front and catching down breaks. I pulled the last lap and didn't have much left in the sprint, but I managed to hang on to 7th place.

Yesterday was a very windy race. The wind was blowing from all different directions and hard. After the first prime a group of six opened up a gap and managed to open up a half a lap lead and hold it for the rest of the race. One guy and myself worked really hard by pulling the group. No one else would pull with the wind and sat back to recover. One team had three riders in the small group and sat on our tails the whole time. Going into the final turn a teammate of mine was pulling out for me, but when I went to shift into a higher gear my chain skipped and I lost all my momentum. I ended up finishing second (but I probably wouldn't have caught the first place winner anyway, because he was pretty fresh after sitting on our butts for 15 km).

I don't know how you look forward to 11 hours on a bike, but I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bubba

No comments: