Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Mud and crit

I left my camera at work today, so no pictures to post. However, I'll get some up this week. Our Saturday MTB ride didn't go as planned. It was raining and fairly cold on top. Doug was still feeling the effects of his crash, so we shortened the planned ride and did a couple of hours. Even with the bad weather and health issues, the ride in Upper Millcreek is spectacular. It is one of my favorite places on earth. It was very green and cool and a very nice change from the hot and brown we've had in the valley. We hope to make it up there again before the snow flys. Probably after LotoJa. MTB riding is just plain fun. I was not feeling too good on the climbs and Tanner was hurting me. It was kind of cool to see him throw down and make the old man suffer. I'm sure there will be more of that in the coming years.

I raced the RMR crit tonight. Kind of the strange day for me. I've not slept well for about 2 weeks and I've been really fatigued. I was not going to race, but the weather was so good tonight with light winds and temps in the upper 80's I decided to give it a go. Once the race got going, I felt really good on the bike. I was sitting in easily and got aggressive in the race. I tried to go with every move and attacked myself a few times. Nothing stayed away, but it was fun. I know I'm not going to win the group sprint, so I decided to attack with one lap to go. I got a gap, but was pulled back shortly. That pretty much burnt all my matches so I finished in the middle of the pack. However, it was much more fun than just sitting in or hanging on.

The first Cross race of the season is Saturday in Heber. T-man and I practiced barriers last night. I'm looking forward to it and it should be fun. Hopefully, I'll feel like I did tonight and not like I did Saturday. You LotoJa boys should come should do a ride in the Heber Valley and check out the races. T-man goes at 11:45 and I'm at 1:15.

Daren

1 comment:

Team Rico said...

cross in Aug....despicable