Saturday, December 08, 2007

Trying to be Smart

Well, turns out I'm spending today on the couch rather than racing in the snow. I started to get a nice head cold Thursday and it is now full on. Therefore, no racing for me. While this is the smart thing to do, it still is very disappointing. I was looking forward to battling for a good finsih today and moving up in the final points standings. The conditions are epic again with 4 inches of new snow on the ground and more coming down as I write. My focus is now all about getting healthy for Nationals next Friday.

Doug's going to go check out the course and race if he thinks crashing is not likely. Otherwise, he's out as well. Crashing and hurting his wrist more this close to Nationals is not good either. Tanner really wanted to race today as well, but has opted to take one for the team and not make the old man drive him to Ogden and stand outside in the cold wet. Going to Alta with 3 feet of new powder instead of racing is a huge sacrifice on his part.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I missed the race too Daren! There goes my chance at the point series. Oh well, there's always next year! Great job this year!