Wednesday, December 19, 2007

KC race report

Nice track, only to freeze the next day.


Stairs any one?

Nothing but joy on that face!


Daren enjoying a soupy mess



Bart finishing, 7th he did us all proud




Ali was most impressive, 86 start to 14 finish!





Bart had moved up from 36 to 9 1st lap amazing






I was freezing!







Nice warm weather








Tree at the start, he got chopped later









Katie Compton the winner of women elite










LoToJa got added wrongly and I can't get off











This is my take on the Nationals. My butt is still sore from sitting in the car for so long. Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming are not the most viewer stimulating drives. The worst was in Nebraska, they have .2 mile markers. So it goes 404.2, 404, 403.8 etc. enough to drive one nuts! Thank goodness Daren was driving and I could close my eyes. We had a great trip though and I'm just grateful for my Brother and Tanner, never a personality issue, we just like to be together, thanks guys. I'm way ahead on the favorite uncle of Tanner, sorry to the rest of you. He can be bought by a pulled pork sandwich. We were so packed with gear it was quite a sight. Four bikes, 500 wheels(not really) and gear bags for gear. Tanner had a narrow hole to sit in for 30 hours. Thank goodness the Tahoe worked great and other than a closurer of 80 from Laramie to Chey, we went south to 70 and on across it, the travel went well. KC was cold and icey, windy, snowy and everything in between. All three of our races were in totally different conditions. Daren had the super muck, Tanner a mix of muck and icy, I had total frozen ruts and snow, not good for a broken rib and cracked wrist. We had a ball watching the races and participating in them. Enjoy the pictures and congrats to all the Utah CX'er we were will represented. We all need a day or two off, then lets do it again! Have a great Holiday Season and my you all get that SL2 you so desire. ride safe.
Doug

No comments: