Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Cross and more cross

Our lives are pretty much revolving around cross racing right now. We have the Utah finals at Fort B in Ogden Saturday then cross Nationals in Kansas City next week. Doug, Tanner and I will be doing doing both races and we're getting all geeked up. Saturday looks like it will be fun. Could be wet and snowy again. Doug rode out there today with no flats so looks like at least the goatheads might have been washed away.

I'm really excited about racing Nationals. It will be the first trip to a big race for all three of us. The only way we could make it work economically was to drive, so the three Cottle boys will be doing some serious bonding on a long road trip. When I try to explain to my non-cycling family, friends and co-workers the concept of driving 1,500 miles one way to race for 45 minutes, I'll I get is blank stares. Cross will do that to you.

2 comments:

MK said...

Hey Darren! I'm getting geeked out myself. I'm flying out on Wednesday. I'm going to do the B race on Wednesday, and then the Masters on Saturday. When are you heading out?

Daren said...

We've leaving Tuesday night and should be getting into KC late Wednesday. I'll talk to you Saturday and get your cell phone number so we can hook up. I'm not racing the B race, so I can help in your pit if you need it.

DC