Saturday, December 01, 2007

Let it Snow

I'm glad to see Robbie and Russ are now official bloggers. It is clear that Rob has embraced the long academic tradition of carefully choosing words to construct sentences that convey a general idea to all but that require additional work to big out the true meaning. After a couple of readings, I think I figured it out. Russ on the other hand is employed in a profession that allows him to carry a big stick to convey his ideas.

My work is got nearly as exciting. I merely use analytical analysis to report on and help improve the performance of our business. However, there are a few Easton bats lying around the office that I've been tempted to take to my computer when a spreadsheet just isn't quite working out. I also get to shoot at things with a bow. Thankfully, nothing I shoot at can shoot back.

It finally snowed enough for Alta to open yesterday. Tanner met a new friend in Seminary that is a good skier and has a car. This is a great turn of events for a 15 year old. Since Seminary was the last period of the day yesterday, of course they cut the class to get in a few hours of skiing. It's amazing what you can get away with when you work hard in school and get great grades.

It snowed a couple of inches in the valley over night and is still snowing as I write. The cross race today should be cold, wet and fun. Doug went South to play in a golf tournament. Let's see, his wrist won't let him swing a club, it rained all day in St. George yesterday and today's forecast is for more rain and 40 degree temperatures. I wonder how that trip is going.

No comments: