Thursday, December 20, 2007

Confirmed

For my 45th birthday this week, I did a VO2max and Lactic Threshold test at TOSH with Dr. Max Testa. It was a really interesting experience and TOSH is great. Max is a world class cycling coach who has worked with top pros for 20+ years yet he treats cat 3 old guys like a pro. He spent a good 30 to 45 minutes with me after the test explaining the results and giving me training suggestions. Well worth the expense and it was a very good hour and 20 minute workout.

The testing confirmed I should be a competitive masters MTB and Cross racer on the local level but I won't be a National Champion until I'm the only one racing in my age group. My only hope is that I out live Tilford because he'll race and train full time until he dies. It also confirmed that I'm best suited for cross, flat TT's and MTB racing without really long climbs. My focus on these events and not road racing has been a good choice.

If you have considered VO2max or LT testing, give TOSH a try. You'll be pleased with the experience.


Hooked up to the VO2max machine for some fun.

2 comments:

Bubba said...

Happy birthday Daren! That would be pretty cool to do. Maybe someday I will get the chance.

DeletedBlog said...

Yeah happy birthday! so what was the magic number?