Thursday, November 29, 2007

Well I finally made it, after alot of training and hard work, I made it to contributor status. I know all of yours lives have been on hold waiting for me to put a blog in, wait no more. If anyone can translate what Robby said in his last blog I would appreciate it. I am still looking up words out of the dictionary.

Well I thought you might like to hear about another day in the life of a SWAT officer. We had been asked to assist another agency with a drug buy rip( this is when an undercover officer "UC" buy drugs from a dealer, and after the transaction we arrest the dealer.) So the deal is going to be 10 oz. of meth for $11,000. The deal is supposed to go down around 2:00 pm in the Kmart parking lot. You can already see the potential for disaster, busy parking lot, middle of the day, not good.

So I am assigned to the team that will be arresting the main dealer. I in a van with 6 operators and we are waiting in the Kmart parking lot. I was assigned to carry the all powerful, 28' wood Louisville slugger. My job is to break out the drivers side window if his not complying with our commands or going for a gun.

So after waiting for a couple of hours the deal finally goes down. The dealer is not in his vehicle, he is actually standing outside of the UC vehicle talking with them. We slowly roll up to him and he doesn't even notice the van. I am the second guy to exit the van as it comes to a stop. The dealer has his left shoulder facing us as we exit. I start yelling at him in Spanish to put his hands on his head.

You most people at this point, upon seeing SWAT guys jumping out of a van, give the deer in the headlights, oh sh*&! look. But not this guy, he gives the "let's get it on," look. So instead of complying he turns his back to us and both of his hands go to the front of belt. So now I am just waiting for bullets from my buddies to come wizzing by. As I continue toward him, no shots are being fired, so I start to cock my bat back. I am ready to swing for the fences. Just as I am starting to swing to snap his leg in half. Someone hits him with an elbow from behind. I drop my bat and continue my momentum toward to assist in the tackle. As he is falling I hear something go sliding across the asphalt. As I land on top of him I am sure I am going to see a gun laying out in front of us. But no, homeboy was just about riddled with bullets over a cell phone.

Needless to say, bad guys in jail, drugs our off the street, and I was so close to giving him a Louisville tattoo.

Well I can't wait till we ride again.

2 comments:

rob g said...

The adrenaline rush must have been something else! Happy to see that I'm not the only one to loose their blogging virginity this week.
cheers-rob

Bubba said...

Cowboy Russ I am glad to see you enter this world with us. If any rumor was true I thought it was you that sold your bike on ebay and bought another horse. Your family looks great.

Bubba