Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Firsts

Well, due to the tremendous pressure exerted upon me through the prodding of those-that-shall-not-be-named, I share in the joy of writing this inaugural post. You see this is new for me, since I have never posted on a blog, not even the one Jill created for our family. For what reason might I have forfeited my blogging virginity at this moment; could it be because I have some delicious gossip, or have ridden a fantastic road race, or wrecked splendidly. . . no, nothing like that would detract me from usurping my typing energies from my students and dissertation writing. Rather, I seem to have fostered some idea in the head(s) of some number I know not, for reasons perplexing even to the most adept phychologist, that I have ended my riding career! I challenge anyone (except Brady) to a race up Snowy Range Pass (here in Laramie), or even a quick sprint up N.Ogden Divide just to prove that I am quite ready to dispel that rumor.

After several harried days perplexed at the origin of this rumor, I have decided i may have been due to my inattentiveness and absence in participating on this blog. Hence, this post provides a second point of proof that I have not sold my bike on ebay.

Lastly, I am signed up to ride my first road race next year in Laramie. After watching last year I decided it was time to enter a race to race (b/c we've never raced Lotoja) solely on the bike (I would likely have ridden it this year, but I had just run a marathon the week before, and wasn't properly trained). So all I need to do now is find a criterium to ride in so the race won't be my first time participating in one.

In all I hope my post finds you all well, that I've clarified my position on the "team", and look forward to a visit with Doug, Darren, and Tanner in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!
Rob

3 comments:

Doug said...

See, all it takes is a good rumor going to get you to contribute. We all thought you were frozen, out on a windy Wyoming road. Good to hear from you.
Doug

Bubba said...

I pretty much thought you dropped off the face of teh earth rob g. (or was it rob p.?) Anyway glad to hear you are doing well and welcome to the insanity.

Bub

rob g said...

I actually did almost freeze on my ride two days ago. The ice on the road finally melted enough to be out riding, though the 35 degree weather with a 20 mph wind wasn't too fun.