Saturday, November 24, 2007

2 for 2

The bikes got a little muddy!
The prize was a little better then Soy Joys and Cheese. It was 10 gift certificate to a bike store. You pay 20 for the race and only win 10- go figure!

Sounds like Thanksgiving went well in Ogden. We had a quiet one here. We stayed home as a little family. We didn't want to take little Ethan out yet. He is growing and filling out. We did miss all our family back home though.
I got the chance to race the 2nd or 4 races in the Psycho Cross race in Eugene. It had been raining all week, literally down pouring. But the last three days have been pretty dry, so the course dried up a little. Because there were no clouds it got pretty cold, race time around 38 degrees. It was still wet and muddy and slippery. I would hate to ride the course in the last group. My friend Jeremy decided he was going to race with me and borrowed my mountain bike. The only problem was that I didn't have any extra clip-in mountain bike shoes, so he road with running shoes on and was unable to keep his feet on the pedals.
I was able to manuever a little better, I only crashed, mostly slid out, three times. The first two were in the first two laps and it was the same easy spot. Rookie! The group wasn't as big, maybe 25 riders. I road the C group (some masters groups included) again trying to gage if last time was a fluke. But I lead from the start and ended up winning by about a minute and a half. One guy was close with me for most of the race. He crashed with three laps to go and I took off on him and opened the lead. It was fun to get out again.

No comments: