Sunday, November 11, 2007

More Pics and Tanner's thoughts













My friend Kevin was at the race and took some pics, He then had some fun with the one above, it shows my knew hardware and strategy, eliminate the competition. You also see my other friend in the old porcupine stuff, he took advantage of the free bike rentals and did his second race.
trying to take the corner fast
Getting help changing wheels.
As my father has already said I had a rough day at the races. I don't think I was aggressive enough at the start which led to me getting gaped off the leader in the single track. After that he was out of site out of mind. Then I had the great luck of getting a flat and somehow breaking a spoke in the same lap, I lost two positions which is substantial when there is only 5 in my group. I was kind of depressed after that, so I don't think that I rode my hardest until a few laps later when I could clearly think. In the last lap my front wheel started to go flat again giving out completely right at the finish. I am slightly discouraged because a kid that I beat easily at the first race in Heber has won the last two races. My discouragement got so bad that at one point I was thinking I have got slower and worse on the bike, after some thought I told myself that I am not downgrading my legs, only the little kid got faster. I am still 2nd overall, with some good races which I know I have in me I could retake the lead, 1st or 2nd it is going to be close.

No comments: