Monday, November 26, 2007

T is the Man

Tanner had a great race Saturday at Wheeler. The course set up was fast and really fun. It was also very hard because there was no rest anywhere. Tanner crushed the Juniors and beat a bunch of the B Men. The Juniors started at the back of the B's and Tanner passed all but 11 of the 30+ B's. He looked really fast and smooth. I think it was his best race of the year.

I rode hard and had a decent result. I ended up 4th after a flat about 2/3's through the race. I had a good start and led for the first lap and a half or so. Five of us got a gap and I was feeling OK. Steve attacked while I was at the back of the group and I missed getting up the road with him and a couple others. I eventually brought back Sam but then flatted. After a couple of bike changes, I got back to Sam (with the help of DH) and pulled him around the last couple of laps. I ended up with a small gap on Sam by the end to finish 4th. MK was closing the gap to us, so I wasn't too disappointed to get lapped by Bart just before the finish. Jim from Contender got a head of me somewhere along the line to finish 3rd. I don't remember getting passed by him, but I was deep in the pain cave, so that's not too surprising.

I'll put some pictures up when I have a minute. Brady, good job on the win. You definitely need to move up. No more beating up on the slower guys.

No comments: