Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tour DE France/ Race report

Well I couldn't get on the blog all week, but some how tonight it let me access, go figure I did nothing different. Sat. as the Cottle group raced MTB's it was by far the best course I have raced on. Some guy in my group said you Cottle's are taking over MTB ing. I'm thinking what you talking about, I'm a rookie, He said your Brother is leading his group, Tanner is second and your are fourth. I'm thinking how does this guy know all this, I didn't even know, I quess I need to look at the rankings. It was hot and dusty but it was the first MTB race that was fun. I was determined to stay with my age group guys. We took off hard and I was in second right behind the fast guy. I had never ridden the course and after a mile loop you enter the race course and I didn't know it went up hard and as I came around the corner I saw the hill and tried to shift down but I'm not to good at it and shifted both front and rear at the same time and all of a sudden I had no chain. So after I get it on everyone has passed me and I wasn't smart enough to shift the bike when I put the chain back on so I get back on and I have to stand up to make it up the hill as it is to steep to shift. But I got better the next time putting it back on as I dropped it off again. I'm learning . These MTB races are hard.. I took 3rd out of 3, pretty impressive.

Here are the TDF picks:
Doug: l. Vino Daren: 1. Vino Adam: 1. Levi (GO USA)
2. Levi 2. Evans 2. Pereiro
3. Valverde 3. Kloden 3. Evans
4. Evans 4. Levi 4. Moreau
5. Sastre 5. Moreau 5. Valverde
Green: Robby McEwen Robby McEwen McEwen
Mtn: Michael Rassmussen Rassmussen Rassmussen

Brady: 1. Vino
2. Sastre
3. Levi
4. Evans
5. Moreau
McEwen
Frank Schleck

Good Luck

No comments: