Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Tanner vs. Tree

Tanner and I started our 4th by riding MTB's from Chrispy's house. About a minute in, we come to a switch back corner. Too bad Tanner's front brake decided not to work. He over-shot the corner going pretty fast and launched into a stand of oak trees. He didn't seem to be hurt too bad, but had a pretty good scrape. We rode back to the house to clean it up and discovered part of the tree was still in his arm. So, we made a detour to the emergency room were the tree was removed from his arm. We were soon back on the trail for a good ride.


Here's the offending, rather large spliter that was fully lodged in the T-man's arm. It is lying next to the puncher hole it came out of.
Tanner was a tough guy and did the full ride after the trip to the doctor. We actually had a fun ride around the Jeremy Ranch area and he's doing well this evening.
There were 3 others in the urgent care facility, all bike crash victums. The best was a guy getting cleaned up from a road crash. He's either the most dedicated rider in the world or the stupidest. I'm not sure which it is. We over-heard his whole story. He suffers from a rare disorder that has sudden, extreme virtigo attacks. He said he normally gets them while sitting at his desk. However, today's attack came while he was nearing the end of his 2 hour ride. The vertigo hit, he had no balance and plowed into the pavement. Maybe it's just me, but I think I might find another sport. His best line was "I'm glad I wasnt' with a group becauase I would have taken them down". You think? I was going to look for his bike in the parking lot so that I know what to aviod when I'm in Park City.
We're off to the Pietrzak's for the annual team BBQ. More ride pictures later.
Daren

No comments: