Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Well, I managed to stay off the bike for 9 days. This was my planned break and is the longest I've gone without riding in about 15 years. It actually felt good to get away from training for awhile. I spent 3 days at our Varsity Scout camp with Tanner last week and had a good time. I'll post some pictures later this week.

Tanner is now 15 and got a Super Pogo Stick for his birthday. It is a blast to play on and we'll bring it to the next family gathering. As Chris P says, it's just a broken bone waiting to happen.

I'm racing the E100 relay Saturday with the Porcupine / Specialized team. We won last year and need to defend our title. We have a little different team this year. It is Mike Solm, Eric Rasmussen, Chris Bingham, Glen Adams and me. Can you see a weak link here? I can and it is me. We lost Chirs Pietrzak, Aaron Jordin and Steve Warsocki from last year, but Mike, Chris B and Glen are all very strong. I rode my segment last night and it's a long climb and then a bunch of big ring power rollers followed by a super fast downhill. It should be just under 2 hours and fun. I rode with Chris P last night and we were flying on parts of it. Hopefully, I'll have a good day on Saturday.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Daren, good luck in the E100. Sounds like a fun race!