Sunday, July 22, 2007

Eugene Update



These are pictures from the Tues. night crit. This is Liam and Hanna (my friend Jason's daughter and the one who took the pictures). The other is of Liam and Avery. Whenever I go around the loop Liam and Avery yell, "Go Daddy!" It is pretty fun.

Daren, I can't believe you took 9 days off the bike - I am impressed. Adam you will have to let me know how you do on the up coming races. I will be continuing my Tues. night crits. There are a couple of other races I hope to be able to get to.

Last Tues. the pace was pretty intense. There wasn't a chance for a breakaway and the speed was set pretty high. Most of our team (the Chain Agents) was there and we were trying to push a mass sprint at the end. I was marking Mckenzie most of the race and working pretty hard at it. With eight laps to go a group got away. I was sitting on the front to slow down the peloton, because one of our guys was in the group. With six laps to go Mckenzie took off and I was on his wheel. He pulled us for 3 km straight to catch up to the group. We were going around 27 mph and it was impressive. I thought maybe it would slow him down in the sprint, but it didn't (he won). With two laps to go I attacked and tried to pick up a gap, but most stayed on and I slowed down to recover with one lap to go. A guy came around me with one lap to go and cruised the lap at 30 mph. We were all trying to get into a good position. Into the last corner I was fourth, but the final sprint was very short and didn't allow for much change. I thought I was in a good position, but we finished how we came out of the corner. I ended up finishing fourth. I am still second overall for the month of July.

I don't think any of us would have predicted Rasmussen as the leader, but I had a feeling Contador would be up there. He is the future of cycling. Dad I guess that Rasmussen story was true after all! Jill was right when she told us. We will see what repercussions it has for Ras.

Keep riding-
Bubba

No comments: