Saturday, July 07, 2007

Hot Racing

Tanner, Doug and I did the Sherwood Hills ICUP MTB race today. It was hot, but fun. I love this course. It has tons of tight turns in the trees and no long sustained climbs. I had a pretty good race to finish 2nd. Too bad I got worked by Ed Chauner. That guy is fast. He's now 50 years old and he did the Big Cottonwood hill climb in the morning in the 45+ and just got nipped at the line to finish 2nd. He then drove to Sherwood hills and beat me by 7 minutes. Pretty amazing. However, I was satisfied with my race. I did all I could do and rode 4 even laps. It was fun.

Tanner was up most of the night Thursday puking. I didn't know if he would be well enough to race today, but he gave it a go. He put in a good effort and had fun. I'll let Doug tell you about his race. He had a few bike issues but worked hard. It was great to have them both there today. I got to watch them both race because they raced at an earlier time than me. I'm worked tonight, but it was a good day.

No comments: