Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Last 2 Crits!

Tanner that is a pretty cool video! So Doug would you post the tour predictions I want to see who picked who. Daren congrats on the mountain bike race. You did very well. I wasn't able to update last week, so I am updating the last two crits.

Last Tues.
Last week we were racing 30 km (1 km loop, flat, but windy). It was only Jason and I from the Chain Agents there to race. Most of them live in Corvallis (45 minutes away). My friend Jeremy also raced with us. 2 km into the race Mckenzie (Wheel Works) and I take off and break open a lead of about half a lap. We were working very hard to keep the gap. We sprinted for the prime and he beat me. He is a pretty good sprinter and rider. We pulled up after the prime (16 laps into the race) because we didn't think we could hold it. We recovered and tried to attack a couple of times but couldn't get a break. Into the sprint I finished 2 behind Mckenzie, but they made a mistake on number of laps and had 2 laps left up twice. So we had to race through another lap. My friend Jeremy didn't sprint on the first sprint because he wasn't in a position, so he pulled out. But he was unable to beat Mckenzie. I finished 3rd behind Jeremy. The guy felt pretty bad that me messed up the number of laps, but that is life.

This Tues.
The temperature reached a high of 103! It was hot! And I had been roofing in the hot sun all day, so I was content to sit in the group for a while. Unfortunately, no one told that to some of the other riders. In the first lap a strong group of 3 took off and were getting a good lead, so Mckenzie and I bridged the gap. There was a crash and Mckenzie dropped back with the group, so it was 3 of us pulling away from the group, including my friend Jeremy. Mckenzie was able to bridge a 25 second gap all by himself (pretty impressive). The 4 of us worked together to lap the main group! In the sprint I took second behind Mckenzie. Maybe some day I will actually win one. But I am having fun trying.

Bubba

1 comment:

Daren said...

Nice job Bub! You'll get one soon. Do your weekday races count for upgrades? If so, you've got to be getting close to upgrading. Talk to you later.

Daren