Monday, July 23, 2007

Ogden Crit/ Laramie

Great posts from Bub and Daren. Ogden has its own crit now. On thursday nights at the BDO. It is about a one mile square with new pavement and flat. It is on the south end towards 12th st. I got a flyer at a bike shop and so I went out, and sure enough it was happening. This was the 3rd of 6 races. I got in the C group, not knowing what to expect but got to the front of the 35 person group and stayed there. It was fast but I was OK, in the end the sprint was fast and I finished about 10th, hard to tell. We averaged just under 27 mph for 30 minutes. I jumped in the B group for 5-6 laps to see how fast they were going, not much difference but better riders. The C had several crashes. It was alot of fun and hopefully we can have some GC presence.

We are up in Laramie now and the Robbie's and I had a hard ride Saturday. We rode to the top of some mountain 85 miles away. The first 60 were gradual up going from 7100 to 8500 then the last 13 miles up were a killer. 8% average with no breaks for 13 miles it was tough as the air is thin and we ended at 10,888. We met the fam's on the top for lunch and then we rode down the mountain and loaded up for the Laramie. It was a hard, but fun day. We are riding MTB's today and a team ride with Laramies fast guys on Wed, then home for Betty and I.

Ride Safe
Doug

No comments: