Saturday, July 05, 2008

Olympic Trials, crash sites, and wrong move





It was fun to go to the Olympic Trials this last week. We have really enjoyed following them and watching them. Eugene is definitely Track Town U.S.A. The place is covered with people from all over. Doug and I went on opening day and really got into the women's heptathlon. Doug, Betty, Brooke, and I went the next day and saw some great qualifying races. The whole experience is pretty amazing.

Doug has been wanting to go see his crash site forever, so here is a pic of where Doug fell off the cliff while going to the bathroom.




Did the Firecracker crit today. It was pretty uneventful, few attacks here and there, but a pretty face field overall. Last lap someone takes off and I stick on him. We get a thirty - forty foot lead. The guy dies quickly. The choice: punch it and try to hold them off for a lap or sit at the front for the sprint. I decide to sit at the front. Right as I pull up someone takes off and I end of pulling to get close, leaving me with nothing for the sprint. I finished 4th. Oh well, next time I won't wait around.

No comments: