Sunday, July 20, 2008

He's a winner


Pictures compliments of the Staffells.

Tanner pulled off an unexpected win at Snowbird yesterday. After pre-riding the course on Thursday evening with AJ, Tanner said "this is about the worse course you could design for me." It is technical, steep, rocky, loose and it's hot. However, on race day Tanner delivered the goods for his 4th win of the year. He put big gaps on the climbs and hung in on the descents. I'm really proud of him and he's improving each week.

I had a decent race to finish 4th. Like all the ski resort courses, Snowbird is a challenge for me. I can't climb with the really fast guys, so I try to ride hard, steady laps and see if I can real guys in late in the race. I managed to bring back a couple for a good result. Chris B smoked our group again. He's going really good right now. Michelle also won the women's expert to give the team three wins on the day.

I just about didn't make the race due to mechanical issues. I committed the Cardinal Sin of bike work by switching all my parts from my hard tail frame to my FS Epic the night before the race. Of course at 10 pm, the binder bolt on my Rear D. stripped out so I was done. However, Eric lent me a Rear D. on Saturday morning and I finished the build exactly 2 hours before the race. Good thing it was only a 30 minute drive to Snowbird. Someday, I'll learn.

1 comment:

xose pi said...

hello. i write from spain-europe

i am an spanish sports lover, and i love fencing, MTB and the sea!.

in summer, 3-4 bikers of my fencing team (http://www.compostelaesgrima.com) rides for routes with our mtb bikes.

I write something posts of this routes. I am sure that your are funny with them


I invite to you to visit my BLOG SITE

BLOG PIRANOIAS
http://www.compostelaesgrima.blogspot.com


Congratulatios to the family BIKERS of USA.

I like the greatest sport of the world!


Salutes


Xose from Spain



adios