Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Epic Battle #2

So Tanner and I made our way up to Solitude for the mid-week race series. I was not particularly motivated but we were able to move to the Expert B group and that helped get me going. When we lined up, there were 21 in our group and I started to get excited. I had a good start and hit the single track in 2nd before blowing up a little. From there, it was a close battle with about 6 of us the rest of the race.

Tanner got a little stuck in traffic for a while, but blew by me on the paved climb section the first lap. I was able to get by him on the downhill and we repeated this process all three laps. I ended up 4th and Tanner was 6th about 25 seconds behind me. We were never more than 30 seconds apart the entire race and it was a blast. Tanner was nearly 5 minutes faster than the week before and battling with some really good adult racers. Good time with a great turn out. Eric, Chris B and Michelle represented well for the team.

We'll be back at it Saturday for the State Championships. Oh yeah, I'm still hanging in there on the hardtail. We'll see how I feel after 2+ hours of rough riding Saturday. At least I have more suspension than BK.

No comments: