Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Circles in the cold

Well, winter doesn't want to give up just yet and I'm getting tired of riding in the cold. I'm grateful for the snow pack and the water we'll have this summer. However, a little spring would be nice.

I raced RMR in the oval last night and actually had fun. As always, it was fast and hard. My garmin recorded 49 laps in 36 minutes. Pretty much full gas all but a few laps. I got in one move that had a chance, but only lasted a couple of laps. As I was trying to recover, the winning break went. I pulled the chase a couple of times and just about dropped myself. Nothing like blowing up and watching about 50 guys roll by one at a time praying that there's at least one more coming to get onto. I did manage to get back on and recovered enough to battle for position at the end only to finish my traditional 2oth or so.

T and I are racing Hell of the North Saturday. If it doesn't rain, should be a good time. Steve Warsocki convinced me that he and I should race in the 35+ so we can race with Mitch. I don't think the 45's are any slower, so it shouldn't be a big deal. I can struggle to hang on in either group. (Bob, I'm with you buddy!) With any luck, I can help get Steve or Mitch in a good position.

No comments: