Sunday, April 20, 2008

Another Week

Another week has gone by with some good and bad. I was busy early in the week with meetings at work, but it mellowed out later. Tanner and I raced DMV on Wed in the cold. I haven't raced a DMV in a while due to conflicts on Weds. I know it's hard, but you kind of forget how hard. I suffered like a dog the first 15 minutes, but managed to hang on to the main chase group. I got a little better and gave KWilde a bit of a leadout for the sprint for 7th. He got it and I managed to hang on for 10th.

Tanner started at the back with a couple of other "C" riders and got gaped on the 2nd lap as we started down the hill. He rode the rest of the race alone getting within a few seconds of my group on the hill and then gaped again on the downhill. 130 pounds doesn't go great downhill into the wind. He finished about 40 seconds behind me and won the C's. I was proud of his effort and he never gave up. He'll be really good on the DMV course with some experience.

I did a good ride with Doug, Adam and Russ Saturday morning. I met them in Centerville and rode downwind to Roy. Not a bad way to ride. The new Easton wheels were flying and almost felt like cheating with a cross tail wind. In the afternoon, Tanner and I gave Alta one last shot on their last Saturday. It was surprisingly fun and strange to ski in 55 degree weather. It was also strange to basically be alone on the mountain at times. It was a good end to a very good ski year.

Skiing the crud.



T's self portrait.

Me and T suffering at DMV.





The bad news of the week was Kim's health report. His sobering news puts bike riding and other activities into perspective. Not being able to ride hard or race would be difficult to take. However, overall health and quality of life is more important. I'm sure Kim will tackle these challenges with the same tenacity he brings to everything. You are in our thoughts and prayers big guy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.