Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Trip to Utah


I had a great trip to Utah, but was a little bummed that I didn't get to race with everyone on Saturday. It was nice to get some rides in with Doug, the man can still move. I even saw A.T. before he shaved, looks better with the goatie. I ended up playing more basketball than riding. Thursday & Friday we had a double header, then Saturday we played for 3rd place. We would have won, but the first game we only had 4 guys (but still only lost by 5). The team we lost too ended up winning.

I did manage to discover a great pre-ride warm-up - Guitar Hero. It is pretty fun! Doug wasn't much into it, but it got me pumped up before our ride. Doug and I had a run in with a student driver on South Weber Highway. He pulled out in front of us and I had to slow down from 24-25 mph to 18 so we wouldn't run into him. He finally pulled over to the center so we, yes bike riders, could go by him. The funny thing is the speed limit was 35 mph. So Doug and I road in front of him for a few miles, until he got enough courage to speed up. I got a good laugh out of it.

No comments: