Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Tour picks


Let's hear your 2009 Tour de France picks. Is Lance going to pull the ultimate comeback? Can Lance and Alberto work together? What about Levi? Will Carlos even have a chance? Can Mark Cavendish make it over the mountains? Will Boonen ride? Who will be caught doping? Even wiith all the unanswered questions for the tour this year it is time to make your predictions. Put your money where your mouth is. I will be the spoiler and give you mine. They are pretty standard, but it is what it is.

I think Astana will be the overall team and maybe have two winners on the podium. They are stacked. You can't beat them. Alberto, Lance, Levi, Kloden have all been on the podium in the past. Astana will win the TTT as well. There will be two people caught for doping this year, they always try. Fabian will start with the yellow jersey after winning the opening tt. Boonen will not race. To much drama. Here are my jersey picks.

GC - Alberto Contador - But rider on the best team. Lance will end up working for him the whole race and will be pretty humble about it.

Green - Mark Cavendish - Who can beat him? No one can. If he makes it over the hills he will win.

Polka dots - Andy Schleck - What can I say he goes for it.

Overall standings GC
1. Alberto Contador
2. Denis Menchov
3. Cadel Evans

6. Lance Armstrong

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bub, I think all of us agree with Contor and Cavendish, but I think Andy has a bigger role now and will not be allowed to keep the polka dots. I think he will have it early, but then have to geive it up (although I'm not sure why). Of all the jersey picks this is the hardest because you don't know most the the specialized climbers. I pick the guy who juices and is smart enough not to try and win stages. I put lance in the top 10 but about 8 min back.

Daren said...

I'll give you Cavendish will win the most stages. However, I don't think he'll win the green. It's 50/50 that he'll even finish. In addition, he doesn't go for the bonus sprints. I'd bet on Bonnen or Freire.

I don't like it, but barring a crash or other mechanical, Contador will win.

I think the over/under on dopers caught is 4. I'll go over. However, we won't know for months due to testing delays. Based on last year, a high percentage of the top guys are still doping. It just a question of how many will be dump enough to get nailed.