Thursday, June 04, 2009

Not down in Eugene

Sutt that is not good. I still have the scars from my fall last year. We had our first crit out here on Tuesday. With my knee slowly recovering I was wondering how I would fair. My training is not what it was compared to last year. I am a little behind after taking a lot of February off to try and recover from my tendinitis. But my knee is starting to feel better ... slowly. Not quite 100% yet, but it isn't getting worse.

I am pretty disappointed that they increased the price by 5 bucks and shortened the laps/time. I was hoping the prizes would be better, but they aren't. But I was happy to be riding in them again. I sat back at first to get a feel, and only closed the gap a few times. I felt pretty good. I knew one guy was pretty strong so I tried to stay close to him and match him. He likes to go out early and hold it. And he did just that. Unfortunately, I got stuck trying to follow him and had to go around. I came into the sprint and finished 5th. It felt fine. A solid 5th for my first race of the year.

Be safe in your rides! Sutt recover soon. And post some crash pic's.

No comments: