Tuesday, June 30, 2009

3 generations of GCers


Doug and I at the line up before the race.

Me pulling off the front.

Part of the monster group.

Liam coming into the final sprint!

Good thing I covered my hole in the butt before the race!

3 generations of GCers!

I didn't get to race last week because I had a church commitment. After 8 years in young men's (3 as president) I was released and made cubmaster! Yes. It is pretty laid back after ym. But I had my first pack meeting last week.

This week I pulled Doug out, who is here visiting for a few days, to ride with me. He was pretty nervous about crashing or getting dropped. But he did great and hung in the whole ride. In the last curve there was a nice crash right in front of Doug, but he managed to stay up. I hung in there and yet again couldn't finish with the sprint. I finished 7th and Doug said he came in around 15th. There were around 50 riders and we averaged 25 (with a big fat head wind). It is pretty fast the whole race. I spent a lot of time off the front and payed for it in the final sprint.

After the race Liam got to do the kids race. He was so excited to do it. I had built it up all day long for him and he was pumped. Liam told me he wanted to win! Instead of doing the short sprint down the straight away, he went all the way around the loop. He was loving it. When he got done he said, "I won!" The next generation is coming up quick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picks, looks like a good time. I wish I could get up there to race, but somthing comes up every year. I need to go to your house first next summer then go to my sisters.

Bubba said...

Sounds good to me. We would love to have you come up.