Thursday, June 04, 2009

Ogden Crash Crit

It has been a while since I posted, I've had alot of things I thought about posting but some how they haven't made it on the blog. Since my last post we have been to Brady's and Alissa's in Oregon. Brady treated me to a fun little road race. If it just didn't have this steep little hill I would have been OK. We went to Jill's graduation from Law School in Laramie and then went back a week later to help them pack, clean and move back to Utah. The graduation was great and we were so glad we went. I hope I don't have to drive through lovely Wyoming for awhile. I did get to go over to Denver while in Laramie and pick up some buddies at the airport and go play golf and go to two Rockies vs Dodger games. We had a great time at the games but I felt guilty as Adam and Russ weren't there watching their home boys in blue. I hate them both, go Cubbies. Major league baseball in person is pretty dare cool. I have been sick with sinus infections for a month and thought I was better, but I raced the crit tonight and was hacking up crap all race and feel like I can't deep breath on hard exerition. There was a big C group with this being the first race. I looked around and was abit nervous as it was a new course with some funny turns and alot of weird riders. I went to the front right off to hopefully stay out of trouble. The pace was fast and there was a hard wind from the east that you had to ride into for half the lap. I was feeling good but about after 5 laps going around a corner I feel this thud on my rear wheel and realize I have been drifted into by a crazy lady. I thought I was going down for sure, but I didn't want my new bike to take a hit so some how I got my right foot upclipped and did the right leg slide dance at 25 miles and hour trying to keep it from going down. I slide it out but torqued my sliding leg pretty good. I checked and the bike was OK so I soft pedaled until the group caught me and jumped back on til the end. It was fast and scary and I'm not sure there are to many of these in my future. I was watching Adam's race and decided to jump in on his group and ride a few laps. I didn't know it was a pream lap and was killing myself to get on as I look up to the corner and see Adam on the ground with another guy. I was there 10 seconds after the wreck and checked on Adam, then the bike and the other guy. He was hurt pretty bad and not responding. I'm sure he has a broken collar bone as he had the bad angle and hang. We came back to my house and cleaned Adam up, but he is going to have a sore finger for some time.
At least you still have the finger. Bladed spokes can do bad things.

Nice finger!

This is Adams sliced off finger. This is the ring finger here, so don't be offended.





Well I hope Adam recovers quickly. I'm not to sure about these crazy crits, or should I say the people that ride in them. Good luck to the GC ladies in the Little Red on Sat. It will be a first in distance for many of them, so ride safely and enjoy. The additions to our team kit our complete in design and ready to order. I am sending in the order in the next few days for you need to get your desires in. Doug






1 comment:

Beth said...

Adam that looks terrible! Hope everything heals ok.