Friday, June 12, 2009

boxed in


Did the Eugene crit again this week. This year has been tough. Each race has over 45 people and very fast. The average speed has been 26 mph for both races. That wouldn't be so bad, but there is a 20 mph headwind coming on the back stretch. My average heart race has been for both races 169. I am trying to kill myself with these things. This week we had some fast guys in the group, so I wanted to stay up in the front. I worked really hard to stay up there and brought back a few break aways. I was feeling really good. Going into the last corner I was around 7th and making my way up the outside. A guy pulled off the front and boxed me in. It was very frustrating because I knew I could move my way up to the front. Not only did he stop right in front of me, but he sat right up. I lost all my momentum and had nowhere to go. I was on the outside by the curb so I couldn't go around. It was frustrating, but the life of crit's. You never know what will happen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any crit you stay up-right is a good crit.