Wednesday, June 25, 2008

yet again

I have been suffering from a lack of motivation lately. I don't know if it was due to the crash, knee pains and stingers, or lack of riding time. I have other priorities right know: family (3 is a big difference), church (still ym prez), work, and starting school yet again (1 year intensive program to become a school administrator). I am still riding, but was lacking that drive. But even with all this I was feeling well and decided to go out and try again the Eugene crit. Two weeks ago I went out and got pinned in and cut off on the sprint and sat up and got 14. I was never really comfortable, and had many flashbacks to the crash.

This Tues. I ventured out again with the hopes of doing better. I was a little conservative the first half of the race, staying close to the front of the group. The second half I had a few attacks, but spent most of the time countering attacks. With three laps to go an attack was made and I jumped on and a gap was created with five riders. with two laps to go we dropped two riders. One guy pulled hard and moved over with 3/4 of a lap left. I was in good position, third, but the guy before me wasn't going to pull through. I guy that just pulled yelled, "*%$# pull through!"

"%^*$ you" was the reply.

I didn't want to waste my time while they argued and get caught by the group. I don't do well in mad finishes, so I took my chance and attacked. I fresh legs guy caught on my tail and sat protected through the extremely windy section. In the sprint he beat me by half a bike length. Come to find out that the guy is a sand bagger. He used to be a cat 1 rider. What he was doing in our race I don't know. But I took me usual place at 2nd. It was good to finally find that drive. Pretty excited to watch the Olympics trials with Doug this weekend.

2 comments:

Daren said...

What's a former Cat 1 doing in a Cat 4 race? Lame.

Bubba said...

that's what I am wondering?