Sunday, June 22, 2008

RAGNAR 09 ANYONE?

This past weekend Katy and Mindy (on different teams) completed the RAGNAR Wasatch Back Relay Race. In an effort to support my sister and Wife I had a Doug moment as I watched the different legs of the race, and now I have to try it. I know it's not a bike race, but GC connection is all about epic family building difficult life altering racing (which this is). The only problem is teams consist of 12 runners to complete the Logan (A place GC connection already likes to start epic adventures from) to Park City via the back country. The race is a non-stop team relay which takes about 24 hours to finish the 180 miles. I know it's no 206, but I think it would be a great challenge. Each runner runs three different legs from about 4-6 miles each. Mindy said,"it's awesome", but she has yet to complete LotoJa. Even Awesomer!!!!!! I know I could field a team outside of GC Connection, but I want it to be a GC Connection team. Katy, Mindy and myself are in, but I still need another 9 runners. So who's in? If your AWESOME enough to want in respond by posting it in the comments, sending me an e-mail, or calling and let me know. It's Epic, Crazy, once in life time event with a race bible (Means it has to be cool), Longest running race in the USA, Cool decals, Great cross-training for mountain biking (plug for Daren and Tanner), Amazing views, An Adrenaline rush, and it looked AWESOME. I know these spots will fill up quick so let me know ASAP.

4 comments:

Doug said...

I'm in Sutt, a little run in the mountains sounds fun. I just hope I have all body parts working.
Doug

Bubba said...

It really sounds fun (sense the sarcasm)! But I won't be able to make it.

Bub

Daren said...

Sounds kind of interesting except for a few issues:
1. Running in general isn't fun (do you ever see anyone smiling when they run?).
2. Running 15 miles in a 24 hour period would exceed my total annual mileage.
3. Running 5 miles at 2 AM sounds fundamentally wrong.
4. Not sure how running is cross training for MTB racing.

If you can help me over-come these issues, I'm in.

Anonymous said...

Daren I feel you need to become one with the trails. Other than a crash, this is the best way. Plus,once in a while we need a good reminder why we ride.