Thursday, June 19, 2008

Out of shape

The Ogden crit was the hardest crit so far for me. We averaged 25 mph for the crit which isn't that fast, but it was attack after attack and I haven't ridden for a week. Trouble was the three main teams kept attacking and blocking the whole time. It makes it fun, but difficult when your out there by yourself. Luckily I made the jump on the second to last turn on the first prim lap and road the "Bikers Edge" break (three of them and me) which set me up perfect for the first prim. I won it by about two bike lengths. On the second prim I tried to bridged solo up to a break away group (about 50 yards ahead), but I went late after the third turn and ended up taking third by about two bike lengths. I should have went with them on the bell, but I was waiting for someone else to go, but nobody went so I pulled the group around until I went on my own. To little to late. Then with two laps to go a rider went and the pack let him go. He got about a 250 yards ahead of us before we realized his team was blocking us. He had on a different jersey. We realized it when they started putting on the breaks with about a lap to go. By then he had a bigger lead. The pack jumped but we couldn't catch him. He won by about 3 bike lengths after a 32 mph chase lap. I was in 6th going into the last turn, and I thought I had a chance to get in the top three, but could only pass 2 after a hard chase to finish fourth. At least I won two new tubes with the first prim win.

After reading Daren's post on how much he's been riding I thought I should add up my year to date mileage. This year I've ridden a grand total of 1,257 miles (The least amount I've done in the past four years). I've got to get my butt in gear. Only 45 days to the Tour de Park City (170 fun ride on Aug 2). Mindy thought it would be a great training ride for LotoJa which is about 80 or so day away .
I'm out...

No comments: