Monday, May 12, 2008

Soccer Dad

Now the snow isn't falling I have been on the bike a bit more. It's still cold, but at least no snow. We had a good group ride on sat (myself, Doug, and Russ) and then I was off to be a soccer dad. Noah is on a team that includes 4 2nd graders, 1 1st grader and Noah(K). His team is really good and great with Noah. Saturday the team wanted to let Noah play forward in hopes that he might score a goal and he DID!!! Yea, the score was already 8-0, but it was great. He went on to score one more goal and the team gave him the game ball for the week. He had a smile to light up the world. He missed a few other chances to score earlier in the game, but when he did all of the parents on our team went crazy. The parent on the other team even gave him a hand. He just never gave up. I was so happy for him. He came over and gave me five after he scored and told me he knew he was going to score.
I can't wait until he and I can ride like Tanner and Daren.
In other news...
Still no tandem and only 116 days to Lotoja.
Ride often

1 comment:

Bubba said...

Give Noah a high five for me! When you get the tandem post a pic of it.