Friday, May 16, 2008

HOT!!!!!!

Just a quick travel up date. I am on Brady's computer writing this update. I had nothing but fun helping Robbie and Alissa move. I drove the big U-haul pulling the car with Robbie driving their van behind. Robbie and I unloaded the U-haul and started putting things together. Alissa, Betty and the girls took the Southwest suttle to Portland and we all worked hard to get things unpacked and in some order. They live in a great area west of Portland with great riding areas everywhere. I rode all over the area and it is beautiful. We came down to Eugene today to spend the weekend with Brooke and Brady. I rode over the Brady's school and we rode home together. It is 95 degrees today here in the cool northwest. The last two days are the first riding days I haven't had to wear some kind of cool weather gear. It was nice to sweat.

I have been hammering the bike shop all day to get the Sutt's big wheels done. It is hard to motivate them. Hopefully soon. Brady and I are going on our favorite ride in the morning, I can hardly wait. I wish I could stay up with my son on the climbs, but I have learned to enjoy the solitude (as I am always left behind). I have raced two crits in the past few week and it was alot of fun to stay with the groups. In the state crit I got dropped on the last lap of the 35-45 group. I felt good about the effort. In the Ogden Crit I played the strategy right and came out of the last corner in third right on the wheel of who I thought was the best sprinter. I was right, but just not good enough to pass and was a close third.

Kim had another set back yesterday as he went back into A-Fib and was carido-converted today again,(shocked) and was off to California. He stayed in for 1 week, and was abit discouraged, but hopefully with the new meds he will stay in longer. There are other more invasive procedures they can do, but hopefully he will stay in. Betty and I will be home on Wed, and looking for some down time as we have been moving kids for months now. Hopefully Brady and I will get some pictures tomorrow and another up date to follow. Ride safe.

Doug

No comments: