Friday, May 30, 2008

Draper




The Draper race that got moved to Wednesday night was painful but fun. I suffered like crazy on the climbs and managed to finish 5th after dropping to 9th the first time up. I didn't "beat Bob" but at least kept the gap under 2 minutes. However, BK smoked us on his home turf.
Tanner had a solid ride and won the 16 - 18's. His group started last and he passed nearly all the Sport riders on the climb, including all the fast 50's. His climbing is impressive and the descending is coming.
Tomorrow is more suffering in a beautiful setting at Sundance. I've had bad days there every time I've race. Maybe tomorrow will be better. I hope so, it's a fun course.
Good job to AT and Doug at the Ogden crit. It's cool to see GC Connection represented. T-man and I will make it up for some family bonding in the B's.
Daren

No comments: